Saturday, October 16, 2010

11 Year Anniversary

Aryan and I found a new patisserie on Avenue 19 called Phillipes. What great quiche and baked goods and even better, it's a health conscious bakery that does not use sugar and is low fat. Aryan looks thrilled right? He enjoys lunch with Mama.
This is edible isn't it Mom?



Beautifully packed roses.



The longest stems I have even seen.



Thank you Daddy, we love and miss you. Happy Anniversary.

The Hennigans and I celebrated my 11 year wedding Anniversary tonight at a great restaurant by the name of Pajares Salinas, which is apparently Rafa and Arturo's favorite restaurant and you could easily see why. The food was fantastic and the service was phenomenal. There was even a very good vegetarian option, which is unusual in Colombia. I had a wonderful manicotti like dish stuffed with spinach and cream in a red sauce. It was divine. For dessert was maracuya (passion fruit) pie, which I know Nikhil would have loved, as that's his favorite dessert of Okenis'. After dinner, the waiter was so funny. He brought me a glass with a tea bag and said"tea sin aqua', which caught me off guard, because usually when there is a mistake, it's because of my poor Spanish skills. So of course I thought I miscommunicated and I was wondering what does he think I'm going to do with a dry tea bag, until he started laughing and brought the hot water. It was a fun night. Only 2 more nights in Colombia and I can travel home to my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment